Download e-Books, e-Audiobooks and e-Magazines, opens a new window
OverDrive is a collection of downloadable e-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines. Libby is a free, one tap reading app from OverDrive where you can borrow and enjoy digital content from Ramsey County Library.
For details on which devices work with OverDrive / Libby and how to download items, click here, opens a new window.
To view a tutorial click here!, opens a new window
Libby App: e-Books & e-Audiobooks, & e-Magazines for iOS & Android Tablets and Smartphones
Libby App: e-Books, e-Audiobooks, & e-Magazines for a Kindle Fire or Amazon Fire
OverDrive App: e-Books, e-Audiobooks, & e-Magazines for Your Kindle Fire or Amazon Fire
OverDrive: e-Books for E-Readers (Nook, etc.)
Libby: e-Books for Kindle E-Readers
OverDrive: e-Books for Kindle E-Readers
Libbyapp.com: e-Books, e-Audiobooks, & e-Magazines on a Windows or Mac Computer
OverDrive: e-Books for Offline Use (Windows or Mac)
Patron Support is available through the OverDrive website or the Libby app.
Borrowing and Renewal Policies:
- Metro area public library cardholders registered with Ramsey County Library may borrow e-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines through OverDrive / Libby.
- A maximum of 15 e-books or e-audiobooks may be borrowed at a time.
- An unlimited number of e-magazines may be borrowed at a time.
- e-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines may be borrowed for 7, 14, or 21 days.
- e-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines are renewable. A Renew option will appear on your Loans page three days before the item expires as long as there are no requests on that title.
- If a title has been borrowed by another user, a hold for the title may be placed. Hold limit is 15 items. Note: e-magazines are always available to be borrowed at all times and require no holds.
- e-Books and e-audiobooks cannot be downloaded to the Library's publicly used computers.