FEDERAL – The library will only receive 1040/1040-SR Forms and Instructions.
The 1040/1040 SR Forms booklet includes:
- Form 1040 and Form 1040-SR (For Seniors)
- Schedule 1 (Additional Income and Adjustments)
- Schedule 2 (Additional Taxes)
- Schedule 3 (Additional Credits and Payments)
To access other Federal tax forms, instructions and publications:
- Download and print forms: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- Order forms online: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/forms-and-publications-by-us-mail
- Call 1-800-829-3676 to have forms mailed to you
MINNESOTA - The library does not receive tax forms from the state.
To access Minnesota tax forms and instructions:
- Download and print forms: https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/find-form
- Call 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094 to have forms mailed to you
- Pick up forms at: Revenue Dept, 600 N. Robert St., St. Paul, MN, 55101 (M-F, 8-4:30)
If You Need Help Accessing or Printing Forms:
- Forms can be printed via library computers. Contact a library for an appointment.
- The library can print forms for you to pick up. Contact a library to request forms be printed.
Maplewood - 651-724-6003 Roseville - 651-724-6001
Mounds View - 651-724-6004 Shoreview - 651-724-6006
New Brighton - 651-724-6002 White Bear Lake - 651-724-6007
North St. Paul - 651-724-6005
Free AARP Tax Help:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
RCL - Maplewood
Starting February 17 through April 14, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide will provide tax preparation help to anyone, free of charge, with a special focus on taxpayers who are over 50 and have low to moderate income.
Appointments are required. Please call 651-689-3449 to make an appointment. Bring your Social Security card or Taxpayer ID card to your appointment as well as a copy of last year's tax return. Please wear a mask and stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from other people. Learn more about AARP tax preparation.
Additional Taxpayer Assistance:
- You may qualify for software offering free electronic filing of your return: https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/free-electronic-filing
- You may qualify for free tax preparation for your returns: https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/free-tax-preparation-sites
- MN Department of Revenue: 651-297-3724
- IRS Tax Assistance: 1-800-829-1040
- AARP Tax Aide: For locations, call 888-227-7669 or visit AARP.org/taxaide
- Prepare + Prosper: 651-287-0187 or visit prepareandprosper.org/