- Smarter searching. Search now works like the rest of the web. Catalog searches use natural language detection to ensure that when you search with keywords like “new music” or “kids movies,” you will easily find what you are looking for.
- Better browsing. Easily browse new titles, award winners, and lists created by library staff and other readers. Ratings, comments, and tags help you evaluate and choose the perfect book, DVD or CD from the library's collection.
- Your Library. Personalized. You have the option to rate items, leave reviews, and create and share lists using new personal record keeping tools: My Profile, My Shelves, My Lists, and more.
- Mobile-friendly. The site is now responsive, so it’s an enjoyable experience on any device.
You can use the library catalog and website without logging in. In order to place requests or manage your library account online, you need to complete the one-time registration process.
- Create your new username. Login with your current library card number and PIN. You will be prompted to create a unique username that will make it easier to access your account in the future!
- Manage your privacy settings. You decide how much or how little you want to share. To set your privacy settings, login and go to My Settings. Under Privacy, click My Shelves and My Feeds. Your Borrowing and On Hold information is always private.
- Place a hold with just one click. Skip the step of selecting a library every time you place a hold. Set up a preferred location and place holds with just one click. To set this up, log in and click My Settings - Hold and Pickup Location.
- Get organized. Use virtual Shelves to organize everything you have read, listened to, or watched or that want to check out from the library later. To see your Shelves, log in and click My Profile - Shelves.
- Connect with the Library and its community of readers. See what Ramsey County Library and its patrons are reading and recommending. Follow users who have chosen to share their lists and recommendations. You can rate items, post comments and create lists.