Meeting rooms are available at most Ramsey County libraries for groups to come together, learn and exchange information and ideas. The chart below describes what is available at each library. To check availability and reserve space, contact the individual library.
|Community Program Room
558 square feet
Fire code: 36
Portable Movie screen
|Maplewood||Community Program Room
1414 square feet
Fire code: 192
|Maplewood||Conference Room||Theater: NA
Fire code: NA
|Roseville||Board Room||Theater: NA
Fire code: 30
|Roseville||Community Program Room||Theater: 125
Fire code: 204
Blue ray DVD
Laptop with Office
|Shoreview||Community Program Room
474 square feet
|White Bear Lake||Community Program Room
942 square feet
Fire code: 110
The North St. Paul Library is located in the North St. Paul Community Center, 2290 North First Street, North St. Paul. Call the Community Center at 651-747-2411 for community program room information.
The New Brighton Library is located in the New Brighton Family Service Center, 400 10th Street Northwest, New Brighton. Call the Family Service Center at 651- 638-2130 for community program room information.
Meeting Room Policies
The Library strives to make spaces available to groups on a fair and equitable basis. Community rooms are made available regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.
- Community rooms are not intended for commercial use; events for which the purpose is to advertise, solicit business, or generate leads are not allowed. Other commercial activities that are prohibited include, but are not limited to, the collection of admission fees or tuition, sale of products or services, collection of information on attendees to be used for commercial purposes, or direct fund raising. No gambling, games of chance, bingo, casinos, or wagering of any kind may be a part of any program, meeting, or event.
- Community rooms are not intended for social events.
- Community program rooms are intended for larger groups, and therefore minimum attendance requirements may be imposed. Community program rooms are not intended for private use, study, tutoring, or one-on-one discussions. Individuals and groups smaller than the required minimum may use a community program room if it is not reserved for that day and they agree to this Use Policy.
- Priority for reserving and using community rooms is given in the following order:
1. Library sponsored and co-sponsored programs and activities.
2. Ramsey County department and unit meetings or activities.
3. Programs and activities conducted by library partners.
4. All other groups (general public); availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Food and beverages are allowed in library community rooms.
- Café Cravings has exclusive catering rights for events and meetings held in the library in Maplewood. Call Cravings at 651-777-7443 or 651-503-0090 for catering arrangements.
- Dunn Bros. has exclusive catering rights for events and meetings held in the library in Roseville. Call Dunn Bros. at 651-633-1950 for catering arrangements.
The requirements of this policy may be waived at the discretion of the Library when doing so would further its goals.