Be a weekly winner! Each Tuesday, we will post a different contest for teens to enter and get a chance to win prizes!
This week's contest (week of 4/20) is Book Spine Poetry
Continuing with our National Poetry Month theme, this week’s contest is the Book Spine Poetry Contest!
What is book spine poetry? It’s a free verse poem composed by using the titles written on the spines a book. To make it, you will need a few books you have at home or from your library. Take those books (at least 3 of them), stack them up in a way that makes a poem or a story out of the titles, snap a photo, and send it to us!
Check out the photos above to see some examples and get some inspiration!
To enter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with following information:
Include your full name, grade, and school in the body of the email.
Photo file (.jpg or .png) of your photo.
Weekly Contest Guidelines
- Participants may only submit one entry per weekly contest.
- Contests are open to teens in grades 6-12 who reside in the Twin Cities area.
- Ramsey County Library (RCL) reserves the right to determine what entries are appropriate for each contest.
- For photo contests, submitted photos must be the original work of the participant. No logos/watermarks.
- By entering any of our contests, you grant RCL permission to exhibit your photo(s) in the Library, display it on the Library website, and use it on publicity releases.
- First names of winners may be published on the library website and/or social media.
- Winners will be contacted by email.
- Unless stated otherwise, prizes are $10 gift cards. Gift cards will be mailed to winners via USPS.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com.