Ramsey County is committed to providing efficient, effective and equitable operational approaches during the COVID-19 pandemic. Summaries of modified services at Ramsey County Library began Monday, March 23 and are outlined below.
- Ramsey County Library buildings are closed to the public.
- Curbside services are available at the following three locations. Services are strictly adhering to all public health guidelines to ensure the safety of residents and staff. Please call ahead to schedule for a hold pickup.
- RCL - Maplewood, 651-724-6003, Press 3
- RCL - Roseville, 651-724-6001, Press 3
- RCL - Shoreview, 651-724-6006, Press 3
Monday - Thursday 10am-9pm
Friday - Saturday 10am-5pm
If you have items on hold at Mounds View, New Brighton, North St. Paul or White Bear Lake, call those libraries during business hours to have items transferred to one of the pickup locations.
- Book returns are closed. No returns will be accepted. Due dates for all items have been extended and will not accrue any fees.
- A Library account providing instant access to electronic resources may be obtained by calling 651-724-6001.
- Reference, tech help and reader’s advisory services are available by email and phone.
- Virtual programs will be available to the public to enjoy at home.
- Join us Monday and Friday at 10:30am for Family Storytime and Wednesday at 10:30am for Baby Storytime on Facebook Live!opens a new window
- Libraries in Maplewood, Roseville and Shoreview will be drop off sites for other county services. Please do not place the following in the document boxes:
- Cash Payments
- Child Support Payments
- Library Materials
- Gun Permit Applications
- City of Saint Paul Documents
- Court Documents
- Libraries in Maplewood, Roseville and Shoreview are offering printing services. They will print:
- Tax Documents
- Social Service Applications
- Online Forms
- Website Information
Contact one of these three libraries by phone, or send an email, to access this service.
We will keep you informed as new information is available. In the meantime, important public health information can be found at ramseycounty.us/coronavirusopens a new window.
Thank you for understanding.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my items are due? Will I accrue any fees?
Due dates for all items have been extended and will not accrue any fees.
What if my holds are ready for pick up?
Holds may be picked up beginning March 23rd at the libraries in Maplewood, Roseville and Shoreview. These locations will be providing curbside pickup. If you have existing requests at Mounds View, New Brighton, North St. Paul or White Bear Lake you can call to have the pickup location changed to a location providing curbside pickup.
Can I still place holds?
Library materials may be requested by phone for curbside pickup at libraries in Maplewood, Roseville and Shoreview.
Can I drop off my materials in outdoor book drops?
Book drops are closed. Due dates for all items have been extended and will not accrue any fees.
What online resources can I access online while the library is closed?
We encourage you to utilize the Library's large collection of digital resources. You can access e-books, audiobooks, magazines, learning tools, homework help and more. We are happy to assist you through email or by calling 651-724-6100.
You may get help from a librarian by email or by calling 651-724-6100.