Birds are hungry all year, just like us! Let's make a hanging bird feeder to attract songbirds in the winter, including cardinals, chickadees, nuthatches and finches. Instructions/recipe, along with varying kinds of wild bird seed* will be included.
*seeds included may have come in contact with peanuts, sunflower seeds, and other allergens.
For children in grades K - 3.
This kit includes:
- Feed the Birds: Contents List
- Bird Seed Cookies Instructions
- 3 types of birdseed* (*golden safflower, black oil sunflower, millet; may have come in contact with peanuts through processing)
- Samples of birding flashcards (from Backyard Birds Flash Cards, Eastern & Central North America, put out by the Cornell Lab)
- Short guide to common Minnesota backyard songbirds
- Minnesota Birds coloring pages
- Envelope of plain gelatin
- Animal shaped cookie cutter
- Small skein of yarn
- Feed the Birds: Book List
This program is funded with money from the Friends of the Ramsey County Libraries.