This program was recorded on April 25th, 2022.
One of the key steps in recovery from mental illness is a job, but the national unemployment rate for individuals receiving public mental health services is approximately 80 percent, according to a report issued by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) in 2014. In Minnesota, unemployment for those living with a mental illness was 86 percent in 2014.
Please join NAMI Ramsey County and Ramsey County Library for an informative program about employment for people with mental illnesses. NAMI Ramsey County President Mindy Greiling will moderate.
· Lisa Guetzkow, Integrated Program Manager with Ramsey County Workforce Solutions
· Johnny Garrido, IPS LEARN Employment Specialist
· Aaron Olson, IPS LEARN Employment Specialist
· Chad Bolstrom, Director of Vail Clubhouse Program
· Frank Del Ghingaro, Vail Clubhouse participant
Panelists will discuss various employment programs in Ramsey County and the Clubhouse employment model, which Ramsey County currently does not offer. They will describe where people should go to find employment, waiting lists, current funding levels, how families can help and much more. Audience questions are welcome.