Read about famous inventors and their inventions, then become an inventor yourself! This kit comes with a few special supplies that you can use alongside things you can find around you to build some of the projects in the book Calling All Minds! by Temple Grandin.
This kit is recommended for children in grades 3-5 and asks participants to use the included supplies along with a few supplies from home.
This kit includes:
- Calling All Minds! by Temple Grandin
- Calling All Inventors: Instructionsopens a new window
- A few special supplies:
- Silver paper to make a kaleidoscope
- Paper fasteners to create a marionette puppet and other paper toys
- Balloon and newspaper for papier mache
- Yarn to use for multiple projects
- File folders to use in projects that need cardstock or other thick paper
- Propeller, index card, and craft stick to make a simple helicopter
- White paper for multiple projects
- Paper clips for multiple projects
- A few ideas for other ways to complete some projects with alternative supplies
- Library book recommendations about other inventors and inventions
Registration for this kit begins July 16 and ends July 30. Click here to register!
The Calling All Inventors! Read. Make. Do. Kit is funded with money from the Friends of the Ramsey County Libraries.