Jul 28, 2014
Have you had this happen? You head to the library to pick up your requests and there are TONS of books waiting for you on our hold shelves.
And since you may have been waiting a while for the hot new bestseller, you may only be able to check them out for two weeks until they need to go on to the next waiting patron.
SO frustrating. And trust me, the library staff feels for you. It happens to us too!
Did you know you can suspend your holds? The great thing about suspending holds is that you still continue to work your way up the list, but if it is available before you are ready, the book just goes to the next person on the list until your suspend date arrives. Perfect for if you are going on vacation, or just have way too many books to read right now.
Here's how to Suspend Your Holds:
1) Go to www.rclreads.org and click on My Account.
2) Enter your library barcode and four-digit PIN.
3) Click on Holds. This is where you can view all the items you've requested, your position in line, and the status of the hold.
4) Put a checkmark in front of any title that you'd like to suspend, then go up to the top of the page. Under where it reads: Requested Items Not Yet Available, select the date you'd like your request suspended through.
5) Click on Change Status. This will suspend your hold until the day that you have chosen.
Manage your holds successfully and you'll never be without a book!