Bookawocky: My Summer Library Experience
June 6 - August 16
Get reading with Bookawocky! Ramsey County Library’s 2015 Summer Reading Program is designed to inspire and encourage children of all ages to read throughout the summer.
Kids: Ages 4 and Under
Pick up a reading record at any Ramsey County Library. Color one image for each day you read or have books read to you. After 14 days of reading, bring your record in for a prize of your choice. Prizes include books, CDs, shaker eggs
Kids: Ages 5 - 11
Simply read four books and either write about or draw a picture illustrating each book you
read. Turn in your four forms to any Ramsey County Library to receive a prize. Prizes
include a free book, coupon for Culver’s ice cream and more.*
Teens: Ages 12 - 19
All you have to do is read a book and tell us what you think of it.
1) Go to www.bookawocky.org.
2) Enter book reviews online with the super easy form.
3) Book reviews will be entered into a weekly prize drawing of gift cards from Target and Barnes & Noble, as well as pairs of state fair tickets.* At the end of summer, every review enters you into our grand prize drawing to win one of seven $50 visa cards.
*Please note: The Summer Reading Program is not competitive. Not all activities and prizes are appropriate for
children under five years old. Some coupons may have age limits. All prizes available while supplies last.
The Summer Reading Program is sponsored by the Friends of the Ramsey County Libraries and Metropolitan Library Service Agency (MELSA), with additional contributions from Minnesota State Fair and Culver's Family Restaurants.
Children’s Summer Reading Festival
Saturday, June 6, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
RCL - Roseville
Appropriate for all ages.
Take a trip around the world and kick off summer at Ramsey County Library’s
annual Summer Reading Festival! This year’s theme, A Festival of Nations, will
include performances by the R.K.G. Modern India Dance Academy, Mu Daiko,
Rince na Chroi Irish Step-Dancing and Drums are Life African Percussion.
Participate in a library scavenger hunt, get your hand painted in the traditional art
form of Henna Tattoo and pick up your summer reading materials!
This program is funded with money from the Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Summer is your chance to read what you want and Bookawocky.org is here to help!
What can I do on Bookawocky.org?
- Sign Up: Sign up with your library card number. This helps the library contact you when awarding prizes. If you don’t have a library card, you can enter 123456789 in that field.
- Get Book Recommendations: Check out the Explore Books page to discover new books recommended by other summer readers.
- Build a Book Stack: Track how many books you have read on the My Books page and watch your bookshelf fill up.
- Rate and Review Books: Write reviews and rate books 1 – 5 stars to share with other site users.
- Earn Badges: You can earn badges for everything you do on this site and for participating at your library this summer.
Bookawocky.org is brought to you by the Metropolitan Library Service Agency (MELSA) and the eight metro public library systems: Anoka County Library, Carver County Library, Dakota County Library, Hennepin County Library, Ramsey County Library, Saint Paul Public Library, Scott County Library and Washington County Library.